Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm (going to be) home dear!

Dear Amir,

Mama's at work now, not going for lunch cos i tot i'll just catch a nap. U've been up quite a lot at nite lately. The last 2 days, u weren't sleeping at all. You mumbled and whined throughout the nite. I wish I know what it is that you want. But after feeding, burping, changing and attempting to put u to bed with all sorts of possible ways (ie singing, craddling, rocking, carrying you around the room) at 2.45 am, i guess i can only say that this is your way of getting back to me for leaving you on extended hours at Tok Ma's offlate.

I've made up my mind dear. I'm going to quit my work soon!I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I'm not doing this simply out of guilt for not being there for you, cos this decision wont stand that way. I've been meaning to do this before I even met your Papa. Finally, I get to work on my own and having you around makes it more of an obvious and confirmed choice.

It's going to be over soon. I cant wait for the life that i've been dreaming for all these while. Thank you for putting up with my lack of dicipline. I'm sorry i brought back work and spend time on it rather than with you at nite. I'm sorry I got too engrossed in my work and only come back when u're already asleep. I'm sorry that sometimes I bore you (and papa) by talking about my work with papa when I came back.

I hope things will get better from here both for you and me.
A happier mom and a happier baby!


0 comments: