Monday, November 12, 2007

Balik Kampung

We had an eventful weekend last week, didn’t we? Of course you wont remember anything but I think you enjoyed yourself too. It was your first balik kampong trip and our first holiday as a family of three in Penang.

The journey back to Alor Setar on Deepavali morning was a cool and peaceful one. We only stopped halfway at Sg Perak to change diapers and eat and the rest of the way.. you were sound asleep. Good boy!

An (aka Wan) was your favorite person in Alor Setar. By the way, An is the name your cousins gave Wan well before you arrive, simply because they cant pronounce Wan correctly. He took you for a walk around the house compound every morning and attempted to talk to you in ‘bahasa KL’ whenever he catch you around the house. You were equivalently chatty with him. You guys made hilarious conversations. I promise I’ll get Papa to teach you some utara words when you grow older but it wont compare to the Kelantanese vocab u’ll master soon lah :)

Being back in kampong during ‘off-peak’ season like this have it perks.. you get their full attention all right. Well first, we have Tok’s notorious pasembot, then home made lepat pisang which Tok Nek prepared (sooo yummy.. I’m hooked) and our room were equipped with two fans ok, in place for the aircon, in case my putera lilin cant stand the heat. But I guess it wasn’t that bad la, u slept well like usual although u were nagging occasionally. Speaking of nags, yeap, that’s your new skill, with very serious frowning face on, mulut muncung2, you will nag on top of your voice, as though mengadu about something that isn’t right.

Mama also had a funny experience on my own. For the first time ever, I got to bathe you in the conventional baby bath tub while sitting on the oh-so-small stool! I think the current practice of bathing u in your ergonomically designed tub while standing has spoilt me lah. Anyway, you had fun cos you get to play with more water and sit in the tub longer (while mama struggle to ensure that you are clean while not trying to drown you).

Papa brought back his camera to take pics of you and the Alor Setar clans but good food and too much lazing around got the better of him.. sigh. Anyway, An, Tok and Tok Nek will be coming end of this mth to stay at our new hse, probably till Raya Haji. Mama nervous jugak ni, but I think I have ample time to learn your Tok Ma’s nasi beriyani that An has requested again and again..

I’ll write about our holiday tomorrowlah.. need to worry about the nasi beriyani jap.

0 comments: