Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's 14 months la..

Dear Amir,

When we were out last few days, a mom with a little girl who was sitted next to our table during berbuka asked me how old you are. I confidently answered "15 mths". She then glance to her little cute girl and said that she is a month younger. Then we were sharing random info about you and her. Then the father came and the lady related our conversation to him. "Oh.. he's a June baby then. She's born on 2oth July." he told me. I realised then that I was a dufus and has just forgotten how old my son was.. it's 14lah Mama.. Amir's 14 mths. Around the same time i realised that I owe you this entry.

So 14 months now eh boy?
14 is always my favourite number and this 14th month has been wonderful so far. You're beginning to find your appetite back (after the series of fever). Your fav food is satay, cheese crackers and karipap - you definitely take after your Papa's palate. Yesterday, you were introduced to a good bowl of laksa utara.. and i think you really enjoyed it judging from the slurp and the 'aaaahhh ..' that follows after every mouhtful. You also prefer to self feed now, especially when given a chance to use the spoon.. not that you get any food in pun. Sometimes, when i feel like it, i just let you have fun with it. In fact bottle feeding has reached another comfort level now that you're willing to hold your own bottle and cleverly hand me the bottle sometimes with the cap once you're done. Even in the wee hours of the morning. Even when you're in the stroller.


You have also mastered a new word.. "Nok" which is really Nak (I want) in Kelantanese slang. I'm very pleased that you took after the slang.. and it made it extra cute when you insist on things, mostly food. "Nok..mamamamaa...nok!" Hahah.. i'm getting ambitious and hope the next word will be "tokse" which is tak nak (I dont want). But really, i didnt make a concious effort to teach you the slang anyway.. which shows that your parroting skill is kicking in.


You comprehend a lot of things too now. You understand what to do when we ask you to 'sit', 'sleep', 'salam', 'put back' and 'close'. We thought you to salam recently since Hari Raya is around the corner, half hoping that this new trick will earn you big angpow.. haha..opportunist betul. Just a few rounds of demo was all you need. But when you do salam, it will be sometimes followed by a quick retract of the hand and you clapping away in pride (as though you've achieved something - i think your friend Yazid went through this once too!). Sometimes it is accompanied by a kiss, either a sloppy one complete with the sound effect orr you'll draw the person's hand and rub it against your cheek. Cuteness!

Despite all these happy development, we're also beginning to see the onset of the terrible twos behaviours. The tantrums, the shrieking.. the never ending energy to do almost everything at odd hours of the day. Especially now that you wake up during sahur, sometimes.. and refuses to sleep after that. But so far you havent been avoiding my cuddles yet.. and for that I'm so happy. In fact you love cuddling so much, even more. Perhaps you understand that soon you will have to share me with a more needy dependant baby. Most nites now, you'll doze off my arm as your bolster.. ( a good one that is.. one of the benefits of having a 'fleshy' mom..haha) It breaks my heart that I have to wean you off our bed around this time too.. in preparation for the next bed invader. But the progress been great though, so I guess I have to tough it up and cherish the fact that you're cooperating.

Tok Ma said you're learning so fast now that when we didnt go over to her house during weekends, she'll find you doing new stuff by Monday. Haha.. It's been fun watching you grow day by day. I hope I will remember to still indulge and enjoy this when adik arrives. Sometimes when i think about it i feel overwhelmed that we're gonna have another child soon cos having you alone is already so much fun! I cant wait to see you grow as an elder bro soon. I bet you'll be a dotting one. Whatever it is, you'll always be my baby.. i love you and nothing in the world can ever change that. Happy 14th mth Amir!

2 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

pregnancy brain kot? hahahaha! no offense yeah hun? anyway, love the pictures of u and amir. u guys look great together. anyways, selamat hari raya!

nuhaafnan said...

nok & tokse! priceless! true blue kelantanese hor?