Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Parties - the full report

Dear Amir,

So your first birthday was well celebrated.. twice in fact, even though both wasnt on the actual date.

I initally wanted to hold just one at our home, for family, frens and neighbours since we havent had any housewarming or makan2 at our home since we move in. But Tok Ma offered to hold one at her house for the relatives, cos realistically speaking, our house cant fit all of them pun. And i'm not about the hire a tent for your bday -that would be too grand in my book.. hehe.

So two birthday parties there were.
We celebrated the first one at Tok Ma, attended by most of my uncles, aunties and cousins. It was a breakfast party themed 'polkadots and stripes'. The menu was nasi kerabu, satay, sandwiches and a few other little bites. We bought you a cake from Secret Recipe and I bakes some cupcakes to accompany it.

Tok Ma went all out to stick to the theme. From the party packs to the jelly balls. We also embellished your cake with M&Ms for the polka dot effect. Even your cupcakes has small M&M dots on it.. hehe. Everyone was also asked to come dressed in stripes or polka dots.

Tok Pa prepared a pool for your friends to dip in. It was officiated by you, in your 'birthday suit', thanks to over excited Tok Pa. Then Airel and Irfan joined in for a splash. (i didnt take any pic-will get it from someone else). When the three VIP left, all the other older kids went in, in wateva they were wearing.. haha. You fell asleep after the dip and only wake up towards the end of the party to open your presents.

I had a ball of time on my own catching up with cousins and having endless plates of satay. My cousin, Kak Noni was back from UK and joined the party with her family. It was our first time meeting little Aliyah.. she's soo... adorable and cheeky. She even helped me organize my Totshop stuff for display... Ohh.. i took the opportunity to showcase (and sell) some of my Totshop stuff that day ..hehe..

The second party was last Saturday, at our home. This round we invited friends and neighbours only. Tok Ma cooked nasi dagang and I prepared spaghetti and some desserts. We got you a cake again, cos wat's a birthday without a cake huh?? I also didnt managed to resist the customary 'Number 1' candle. Mama yg excited lebih. More about it later.

Most of my friends turned up. All with their spouse, most with little ones and 2 of them with noticably pregnant bellies. How time flies..
We also invited the neighbourhood friends, mostly Papa's futsal buddies. I wish I had more time to chat with each and everyone.. catch up with friends and get to know some of my neighbours better. But i guess I was too busy playing host and pestering everyone to eat and eat.. hehe. Food was abundant that the whole futsal gang came back later that nite for supper and had shisha session till 2am. Yeah, your Papa had a party on his own too!

We had candle blowing session for both parties but you cried during both.
We noticed that you are scared of the candle flame. Now i know why you always cry during birthdays (Yazid's birthday, my fren's birthday). It doesnt help that both the sessions were also at your crankiest, sleepiest time. So we had some hillarious photos of you crying in front of the cake (and me trying to keep cool in the background..hehe)

Anyway, I'm happy with both the parties. I got to meet family and great friends and make new ones while you got tons of toys and books to go by for the next 3 years. (I'm keeping some until you're a little older). I must say i'm still recuperatin from last Saturday do but it was all worth it. Afterall, Papa and I thinks that maybe this birthday party celebration huha will only happen after the next 3 years.. hahah
yes.. i'm that tired but it's all good.

Happy Birthday my dear Amir.. hope you had great fun in your own way and werent too disturbed by the candle. : )
We love you so much!

p/s : Thanks Hetz for some of the pics

1 comments:

nuhaafnan said...

oooh what a swell party, but i notice most birthday kids suffer from this 1st bday party syndrome eh, sure cranky and cry during the candle blowing. cake cutting session.