Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Countdown to Adik - Week 38

Dear Adik,
Hi dear? How are things inside there? Is it still very comfy cos you dont seem to budge from where you are.
All of us including your Abg Amir is anxiously waiting for your arrival now dear. All of us aimed a date and so far, all our guesses except for Tok Ma's has come and gone. My XXth guess would be tomorrow, when we go for our routine check up and asked to check in immediately. It's more of my wishful thinking more than anything. Getting harder not to think about this since the physical reminder is too obvious.. and i've been losing sleep over the anticipation.
Dont get me wrong. I love having you all snug and protected inside there. I bet i'm gonna miss the feeling as soon as you enter the world. But it's taking a huge toll on me now dear. And i dont want to end this pregnancy a sore desperado wishing to get out of this condition as soon as yesterday. As of now, i'm still hanging on, though every single movement is causing me pain down south. Like seriously. I'm so unbelievably unfit, almost to the state of immobile. Well, i can still move around la, but not without risking OUCH! and AAAHH! here n there enough to scare those around me. It's pretty scary even to me cos I wasnt like this when i was carrying your Abg Amir at full term. And he is a whole 0.5 kilo heavier. Sigh..
Anyway, you know what? All the prep for your arrival is done. ALL. Earlier, I kinda procastinated on a few things intentionally cos I dont want the anxiety to creep in as soon as everything is done. But we have got my customised bengkung sorted out. Your cribs and our confinement 'suite' is all ready (Thanks Uncle Cho for lending us your nice cosy room). Workwise, i've delegated mostly everything already and my ongoing project that was due early April, is already completed ahead of schedule. We also had 2 separate sessions of sembahyang hajat for both of us. Yesterday, it was among Tok Pa's neighbours. The ladies commented on how low my tummy looked now. Some said it looks protruding, a girl definitely. Are you?
Ok dear, so, shall we make it tomorrow then? Just take your time ok. What's important is both of us are ready and you'll arrive a healthy bundle. Anyway, just in case it wasnt clear enough, I am SO ready now. Cant wait to see you.

0 comments: