Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Countdown to Adik - 33 weeks

Dear Amir,

During our last visit to your paed, I had my second thorough scan. Adik is a girl, still. Doc pointed out her clearly defined parts and confirmed once again that we're expecting a girl. She's healthy though slightly small for her age, the amniotic fluid surrounding her is sufficient and she's already in position to launch downsouth.. hehe. Good girl! Oh, we also saw her pout.. very obvious! If she enherits papa's eyes and have straight fine hair, she'll definitely be the girl version of you now. Somehow i hope she gets your cousins cool curls, though Papa warned that it'll be big n frizzy once she grew up. Aaaanyway, alhamdulillah, all is ok.

Lately, i've been finding myself busy with all sorts of things. I realised that it'll be another few weeks before i'll be a mother of two. Arkk! There's so many things to do and i think i'm behind schedule. We havent bought her a single thing except for 3 pair of pink mittens! Actually there's not much to buy anyway cos most of your clothes/stuff are still in good condition. I have asked kakak to wash n organise all you old clothes, but i havent managed to sort them out and figure out what we are lacking of.

We still havent bought the playpen/cot for tok Ma's house. Papa said it'll be redundant. I hope it'll not be the case. When you were small and immobile, tok ma would lug you around and place you wherever suitable, the moses basket (Che' Su's), the bouncy chair, or simply on your mattress on the floor. The only precaution we need to have was to lock Boy in his cage. Now, i dont think we have that flexibility anymore.. since we have a very curious toddler who is veryvery interested in a baby. So there, i've stated my case.

Am also looking but (havent decided) for a sling/pouch/any sort of babycarrier to wear adik. Papa is again not that enthusiastic cos we never carry you this way anyway. But i learnt my lesson. Once you are smart enough to refuse your strollers, it's always ME who had to carry you around. While Papa does his part once in a while, somehow he does not have the endurance (i'm being nice) to carry you for an extended durationla, i mean comparative to me, or tok ma. Heh! So again, this is my decision because i will be affected by it most of the time.

Then, there's the breastfeeding gadgets. The whole spectrum of it. Then it's just as easy as bottles, teats, bottle brush and formula. I do have a manual pump but after going through forums/websites, it seems that i may need to upgrade to an advance version of pump due to 1. lack of milk supply and 2. inverted nip. I'll play the wait game on this one and see if these will still be the case when she arrives. Else, we're talking about another pump, an electric one, the storage bottles/plastics, breast pad, nip cream, milk-enhancing supplement, nursing wear (God knows how difficult it is to find a normal bra my size, now need to look for the selak2 one some more??).

Which brought us to a whole new level of discussion last nite - we may need a bigger fridge, cos ours is soooo kecik as it is now, wat with frozen milk supply later.

Papa is very lukewarm about the whole prep thingy i guess cos we're low on cash at the moment..haha. I was in fact thinking of doing up a baby gift register thingy so that we get exactly wat we want and make everyone happy.. haha.. yeah right. I'm not concerned about this whole purchases, kalau ada rezeki, adala.. afterall we can always sell off Papa's sweetheart, ie the bike. That can easily buy us all of the above ; )

Aaaanyway, i also just realised that our co's acc period ends in May, which means that by the time i got back from maternity leave, i'll be bogged down with acc preparation/organisation for the audit. So, instead of going through that last minute like we always do, i'm starting to organise everything now. Hopefully things will be better this year with all the new system that i introduced. Else buat dek jelah when tok pa nag later. Also, we have an important project to deliver by early April.. no, not adik.. Was solely involved in it from the start, so now preparing to handover that too.

Oh, i dunno if this is part of nesting, i'm also reorganising some of our filing at the office. Preparing to back up everything and keep as reference, maybe for me during my maternity nanti. I remembered being so carefree during your time, i've just had a baby, do not disturb for 60 days, and off me go. It's hard to do that this time. Was just finished with archiving 8 years worth of digital photos...personal/work. Next is to finally choose the wedding pics to reprint as customised album (yes, wedding pics!). Am also clearing off the Totshop old stocks and preparing for a revamp after my maternity leave. I think I want to restock and introduce more stuff later, perhaps with a different focus. And this blog, i think it need another facelift. Maybe to move it to a new home altogether?

Wah. Gila la.. now i feel like the new year has started. I hope this year will be a productive year. I'm actually anxious. Suddenly i can clearly remember how painful it was. I think knowing what i'll face soon does not really mean that i'll be better prepared. Lagi takut adala..Ignorance is bliss indeed. I hope all these activities will keep my mind off it though.

Oh, by the way.. you can call 'my tummy' ADIK now. And we never thought you that.. i dunno how your brain works and is able to connect that baby in tummy = adik. You really amaze me. Everyday.


Bebeh!
Sayang bebeh.. mmmmmaah!

1 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

i have the same problem with bras. i am definitely NOT your average msian size (in that region!). amazingly enough, i found some nice nursing bras at Mothercare One Utama right after i finished my pantang (when the milk had settled in and engorgement wasnt so bad). maybe u can go looksie there? the triumph ones jangan harapppp can fit me. pfft..