Monday, May 12, 2008

It's My Day

Dear Amir,

Yesterday was the first time I celebrated Mother's Day. Not much of a celebration la actually, just lepaking and having fun with my two dudes at home. Frankly speaking, being a mom is still surreal to me, hence, I dont really identify with the whole Mother's Day celebration yet and in fact i think this year it's a bit low key. Maybe cos I didnt manage to watch any tear jerking Mother's Day movie (Eg : Stepmom).

My constant reminder of my status as a Mom (duhh!). A selekeh one that is, note the outgrown tshirt and overgrown hair..hehe

Anyhow, in the evening, we went out for some calorie feast in Secret Recipe and off to see THE mom, Tok Ma. There were no special celebration for Tok Ma. Instead she whipped up a feast for us! I kinda feel guilty and sad that she didnt get any treats that she very much deserved. I wanted to bake her a cake, cos making a card for her wont be cute anymore at my age. But i took a shortcut instead and bought her two slices of her fav carrot cake from Secret Recipe. Nanti once you can draw, i'll make u draw her a card ok, cos she deserved it. She deserved the whole wide world if u ask me. A great mom, a friend, a companion.. and now a super multitasking granma! Just when i tot i know how much she sacrificed as a mother, she proved me that she's way more than that, by happily putting up with your nonsense! I wish i can be more like her.. I can only wish I am half of what she is.. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY (TOK)MA!!



On the same note, Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there especially all mummy bloggers who has helped other mummies stay sane and shared a thing or two about this demanding full time domestic job.



Oh yeah, by the way Amir, i dedicate this to you.

6 comments:

doodlemom said...

happy belated mom's day to u and tok ma. over ere we celebrated ours in march.

nuhaafnan said...

yeay!!! the shop is open!

ira said...

happy belated m-day to u too!!

hey,i like the logo 'totshop' tu.so cute!and congratulation with the new online shop :)


and amir is sooooo adooorable!gerammms

Nikmummy said...

thanks all!
do pay a visit to the 'shop' regularly k?

p/s : ira, i like the logo too :)

kiddo's mom said...

congrats on ur new shop!!!

(yes blur me baru realized this today hahahaha)

keep it updated yeah, i might just buy some stuff from u. eyeing something already hahaha.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

congrats on your new shop!!!! sorry so self-absorbed lah lately, so late baru nak wish!