Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The first, the last and the best of 2008, so far.

Dear Amir,
Finally, the agony is over and you're back sleeping by my side again. Yeay!!
My training in Cameron Highlands was definitely a memorable one. It was the first time i had to leave you for 4 consecutive nights and the last time i get to spend quality time with my 'best buddies' at work. And i think this will also be the last time ever I will be
- hiking up a hill, panting and wheezing
- lifted up by a group of 13 girls
- having someone stand on my shoulder while squatting down for 25 mins
- walking in the jungle alone
Leaving you for the first time was haaaaaaard.. Although I know i will be feeling sad the actual overpowering sadness only strucked me when i was preparing your stuff to bring over to Tok Ma's house (I had to send you a day earlier cos my bus departs very early the next day). By the time I lift u up from the cot, I was crying bersungguh2 and tersedu2 already. It was a powerful feeling that words cant describe. It is such a strong reminder that I am now a mom and instantly I got a hint of how Tok Ma must have felt everytime she sent one of us off to boarding school/college/abroad.. Ni baru hantar tido rumah Tok Ma.. which is your second home full of your favourite people, all eagerly waiting for your sleepover.
It wasnt too bad once i reached Cameron Highland.. although you and your Papa is constantly on my mind. But there was this one time in the coffee hse when I saw a couple with a baby, about your age.. I suddenly felt the instant pang to cry.. lucky the waitress interrupted and served my hot soup (hehehe). And every morning, when i see the rice porridge at the buffet spread, teringaaaaaaat sangat!
Anyway, despite the longing and all, i didnt manage to see you immediately as soon as I reached home last night. Papa said it'll be better if I go home shower and 'freshen' up first before meeting you cos I came all the way from up the hill, jungle pulak tu. But then I was also limping as a result of a (triple) fall i had to endure while trekking up the hill and I did not get proper sleep for the past few nights. So for your own welfare, I called up Tok Ma to extend your stay and we went back home without you in tow. But as expected, the moment I entered the room and saw your clothes and empty cot, i started crying again.. :P
Today I took mc to recuperate and spend my whole day with you. It was almost the best thing ever so far this year.. hehe. And to top it off, today, i almost nursed you to sleep! You were fooling around with Papa jsut now when suddenly you decided to turn to me and insisted on 'the twins'. Soon enough you were at it like a pro. I was shocked, but not as shocked as I was when i found that few drops of milk really did came out!! Aaaahh.. the sight of you nursing and looking at me while trying to stay awake..priceless..Now, that's definitely the best thing ever this year! Keep on working k boy?

1 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

I was so impressed to read about the beginnings of your milk production :) alhamdulillah! i hope everything'll work out great!