Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Grieving Gaza

Dear Amir,

There's a terrible masacre happening in Gaza now. It started a few weeks ago and to date it has taken way too many lives, mostly of innocent children, women and the elderlies.
While i'm not a mean person, I try to ignore this subject as much as possible. I dont like discussing it, i just hate to deal with it. I'm just that kind of person. I dont deal well with death. I dont deal well with losing. I dont know how to grief. Nowadays, I dont even watch the news anymore. I skipped the first few pages of the newspaper in the morning simply because i dont think i'm fit enough to handle it. I saw the pic of a father crying over his three lifeless children the other day and the day after i saw a pic of a bloody dead toddler buried in rubbles. I thought that was enough, at least enough graphic to haunt me forever. And i just cant afford to be depress now.
I may be selfish this way. I may even be mean for conciously trying to ignore this. And this post may even sounds as if i'm trying to justify my behaviour towards this issue. I dont care. All i care now is that this has to stop.
Let us all pray that this'll end soon. May Allah bless the Palestinians, alive and otherwise. Amin.

0 comments: