Monday, November 17, 2008

An escapade and a growth spurt

Dear Amir,
Papa and I just got back from a short working weekend getaway in PD. We were helping a friend of me organising an event, for some extra bucks.. that i planned to spend on you, since we have to leave you behind with Tok Ma for the deal (can you sense the guilt already??) It was tiring. A lot of walking about, standing around. I'm still recovering and i guess this will take few more days. Even Papa kong-ed out. It's kinda weird cos I was eight mths preggy with you when I was organising a very much bigger international event, going through sleepless nights for at least 2 weeks, and yet i think i have more energy then! And i actually sat for an exam of 3 papers in the mid of the chaotic weeks (and, to my surprise, still, passed 2 of them!)
Well, i was telling Aunty Gja that i feel old simply due to this fact. But it's impossible la kan given that it was just slightly a year back.. hmm.. Anyway, it's also funny how history repeats itself, me, 5 mths with little adik now, going through another exam (yes, the paper that i failed and repeated again n again..this part not funny ek). Despite having to leave you behind and risking failing my paper again, i felt that it was a good trip. Managed to meet a lot of people (and business opportunities) and Papa and me got to spend some quality time alone chatting into late nights (just like masa bercinta gayut2 kat telefon dulu!).
As soon as we got back, i weighed myself and was shocked to see that I gained a full kilo just within a few days. I remember telling someone proudly just last week that I only gained 2 kg so far and since i've lost 5kg from the start, i still have lots of buffer kan? Well, sitting down to type this pun is getting very2 uncomfy for me now. Yes, little adik had a growth spurt over the weekend! How timely cos we're gonna see her/him soon, right after my exam tomorrow. Doc say we'll be able to know if it's gonna be blue or pink this time around. And unlike your case, I'm voting (or veto-ing) that we'll annouce the gender as soon as we know it. We've learned our lesson, and hopefully tokma/pa will be more generous with the prebaby gifts knowing wat colour to buy... wishful!
I think I havent been saying much about my pregnancy here, have i? Well, it's been good. No morning sickness. More or less like my first experience with you, which was all wonderful minus the millions toilet trips. With this one, everything is faster. My bumps started showing much faster. I can feel the kick much earlier. The toilet trips, it is already now at the rate of when i was carrying you in my 7th-8th mths. I havent experience the karpel tunnel thingy yet unlike when i was carrying you and i havent had that may leg cramps like before despite the fact that i now enjoy less frequent bedtime foot massage from Papa comparative to my first pregnancy. Hmm.. i guess that's oklah. Afterall i think i've learned to be less manja too. Afterall the pampering i get to de-stress now is in the form of a chuckling toddler, poking at my nostril and belly button, who by the way, have learned to give me a foot massage too, having watched Papa did it few times. But this champ has his own way of doign things, a much more professional way (sorry Pa!), almost spa like, complete with baby lotion smeared on my tired calves, in between my toes.. ohh.. how i love those tiny playful fingers. I wish i have a pic here to show how your face looks while doing it - in full concentration, pouty lips, tounge slightly sticking out, droopy cheeks n all.. ugly but adorable..haha
I really should be studying actually.
But thanks for the break!
p/s : Al Fatihah to arwah Mak Cik Som, my aunt who passed away last week. Hope she is in a better place now and semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas rohnya. It was my first time witnessing a jenazah, and the whole process of preparing for the funeral. It's a humbling experience, struck the very core of my being as a human, so I thought I just make a note of it here. Nothing in this world is permanent afterall.

3 comments:

nuhaafnan said...

hey, show us that pic of amir mengurut lah. hihi pandai amik hati mama dia kan

al-fatihah, sorry to hear about your aunt.

Niza @ Anis said...

hi dear:) more AUTH COACH items on sale!coach swingpack n wallet from only RM399!thanks dear;)

ira said...

ya babe,nexttime take amir's picture urut ur feet!hehehe

and al-fatihah to your aunt.