Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Growing up

Dear Amir,
Lately i've noticed that you have grown so much in so many aspect. Two days ago, we were just lying in bed and I playfully asked where's your 'tangan', then you showed me your hand, 'kaki?, then you showed me your feet. I was so surprised and i asked Tok Ma if she teached you any of these. Tok Ma said you must have picked it up from our daily conversations cos she did not specifically teach you any of those. Today, I witnessed how you try to switch on the TV when Uncle Cho asked you to, and according to him he did not show you how.
Last weekend, we were in the car when i showed you a few busses that were passing us, then you go 'Baaa... baaa...' at every single big moving vehicle. Today, on the way to Tok Ma, i pointed to a lorry and said 'lorry' a few times. I noticed that you were paying very close attention to my mouth, and few lorries later, you went 'loll...lollo..loww..' Now that's fast!

You've also grown very keen to music. You like to dance to it, in your very own funny way.. almost like the Kiwi's haka steps. You will wiggle you arms, shake your head, stomp you feet when it's a fast number but will only sway your body left and right when it's a slow song.. hmm.. clever! You've also learned how to make the 'shame..shame..' gesture just by having us show you twice!


Looking all 'grown up' with your 'grown up' friends (Tok De Lah's clan)

Tok Ma said it's normal with kids your age, blink twice and you'll miss it. I guess i can say similar thing is happening to me, careerwise. Now that i'm handling things more or less on my own (with help of the awesome Aunty Gja n Aunty M), i realised that i'm unconsciously learning a lot of things at a mind numbing speed - about business, people and most important about myself. For some reason, i feel that i've grown as a person with this realisation. And i'm not talking about my expanding tummy!

In fact i feel 'older' la these past few days.. older in a very good way. How timely : )

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

aunty M. hmmmm.....lol. Kakying, you are not old, im young :p